I thought that starting with lists would be an easy way to get back into the swing of things, but even a list seems hard some days. Because the very place I am in centers around one list: things I’m worried about. It’s probably not a fun blog topic, but on this evening as I sit here with wet hair on the couch listening to the faint sounds of a Blazer game in the background, these are the things I’m thinking about:
1. My dad. My dad, my dad, my dad. I think he will live forever, I worry that he could go anytime. Either way it is not far from my mind.
2. My job. I want to move up a position, but it involves more risk. With all the other things going on; do I need this?
3. What if I never get pregnant? Two years and a surgery later, as I watch another test come up negative, I have to face that possibility.
4. Student loans. Fuck. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
5. Barack v. Hillary. Hillary vs. Barack?