I always have a notebook with me. I kick it old school, and keep a makeshift calendar and my to-do list’s in it. Last week, for the first time ever, I lost my notebook. This sucks for two reasons, first because my entire life was in it, and second because it was the greatest notebook yet. When you are the kind of person that keeps a notebook you are the kind of person searching for the best notebook (and pen). This one was pretty close.
This is all to say that I had to recreate the Summer List.
Here is List 2.0:
1. Pick berries
2. Make jam
3. Ride bikes around Hagg Lake
4. Watch a movie outside
5. Go camping
6. Spend the night outside with the boys
7. Watch stars with B
8. Go to an outdoor concert
9. Sew something
10. Can big batches of tomato sauce using tomatoes from the garden
11. Make ice cream
12. Make and freeze big batches of pesto
13. Make gazpacho
14. Take the dogs to the creek
15. Go on a zipline
16. Take a vacation
17. Learn to golf
18. Take the boys to the Saturday Farmers Market
19. Have a gourmet picnic
20. Go downtown and take pictures all day
This of course excludes the elephant in the room which is:
21. Find $16,000
22. Have a baby
But those things seem increasingly hard to do, and I wanted a list to check things off of.
So, yeah. Summer of 2009: The Summer of AWESOME.