1. We got Fiona’s official adoption certificate in the mail last week. I released a breath I didn’t realize I was still holding. It was lovely to see and hold the physical proof that she is legally mine. The clerk at our law firm wrote a note with it that said it looked good to him and to let him know if there were any errors. I started reading it over and it said, Mrs. Swan and Mr. Swan, hisband and wife. Sigh.
2. Did I tell you all that Igby isn’t paralyzed anymore? I know, right? The vet had told us there was nothing else they could do and we were having him outfitted with a wheelchair, and BAM! walking like it’s no big thang. Jumping, even! They said it could happen again any time, so we are just savoring this little miracle and being happy that we don’t have to take him to the bathroom anymore. I love that dog with fierce love, but that sucked.
3. One of my posts is being featured over at Story Bleed tomorrow, and I’m feeling pretty badass about it.
4. Fiona has started laughing. I am telling you, there is nothing I wouldn’t do to hear that sound again. I made funny faces for about two hours yesterday for a one second laugh, and it was worth all the facial pain I suffered later.
5. I am shocked that next week is Thanksgiving! I haven’t even started looking for Bird’s Custard yet! This could be a disaster.
6. For anyone else who watches Dexter, is Lumen trouble or WHAT? This is going to end badly.
7. I am knitting hats for some people for Christmas and I may have taken on too much. A girl can only knit so many hours in a day, you know? I will post pictures as I crank them out, some of them are darling, and I love doing custom orders because I love to see what color combos other people put together.